ads header

Latest News

Another Seven COVID-19 Patients Discharge in Lagos

Coronavirus: Lagos govt, GTB jointly-owned 110-bed isolation ...


The Lagos Government is gradually winning the war on covid-19. It has discharged seven more patients from the Mainland Hospital, an infectious disease facility in Yaba area of the state.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu disclosed this via his verified Twitter handle @jidesanwoolu on Thursday.

He had tweeted, “Good people of Lagos, I bring you awesome news from IDH, Yaba, which is as a testament to our resolve to overcome the lethal #COVID19 pandemic ravaging the world.

“Today, we discharged seven more patients who have fully recovered and tested negative twice consecutively for #COVID19.

“This brings to 39 the number of discharged patients in Lagos.

“The patients include one female and six males; three of the discharged male patients are foreign nationals — two Ukrainians and one Italian.”

As it stands, Lagos leads the toll of Nigeria’s COVID-19 infections with 145 of the overall 276 cases.

So far, Lagos has discharged 39 patients, while two patients have been evacuated; and the state had recorded three COVID-19-related deaths.

In another news the Federal Government has said the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control would ensure the quality of all the medical supplies that were brought into the country from China.

Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, on Wednesday, received coronavirus equipment and consumables worth 1.3 million dollars from China.

Some medical experts also arrived in the country to provide healthcare assistance and share methods on the containment of COVID-19 with Nigeria.

Ehanire, in a statement, said that the team was not in Nigeria to treat patients but to conduct capacity building based on their experience.

He said, “All available resources shall be deployed to support the adequate engagement of Nigerian medical experts towards curbing the spread of COVID-19 in Nigeria.
“Federal Ministry of Health assures that the Federal Government, through the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, will ensure the quality of all the medical supplies that were brought into the country.

“It must be stressed that, following global best practices and in line with our advisory, the medical experts from China have gone into isolation for 14 days and will be tested for COVID-19.

“The Chinese medical team will provide first-hand experience and insights on how they were able to bring the spread of the disease under control.

“The donors, a group of Chinese companies working in Nigeria, made this gesture in a show of solidarity and cooperation with the government as the world works together to contain this disease.’’

There are over 250 coronavirus cases in Nigeria with less than ten deaths so far while over 40 persons have recovered and discharged.




No comments