Galatasaray Reject €150m Al-Hilal Offer for Osimhen
Galatasaray have reportedly rejected a second and substantially improved offer from Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal for Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen, with the latest proposal said to be worth €150 million.
The Saudi Pro League club had previously approached the Turkish champions with a €130 million offer for the Super Eagles forward, but Galatasaray rejected the proposal and made clear that they were reluctant to consider selling their star striker this summer.
Reports on Thursday said Al-Hilal returned with an increased offer of €150 million in an attempt to persuade Galatasaray to part with the 27-year-old Nigerian international.
However, Galatasaray president Dursun Özbek is reported to have rejected the latest proposal and reiterated the club's position that Osimhen is not for sale.
The Turkish club's stance is significant given the size of the offer. Galatasaray paid about €75 million to sign Osimhen permanently after his loan spell, making the latest Al-Hilal proposal roughly twice the amount the Istanbul club invested in the striker..
Osimhen has become a central figure in Galatasaray's attack since joining the club, and his performances have continued to attract interest from some of Europe's biggest clubs. Arsenal have also been linked with the Nigerian, with reports indicating that the Premier League champions have expressed interest in signing him.
The striker's future has therefore become one of the major transfer stories of the summer, with Al-Hilal's persistence demonstrating the Saudi club's determination to strengthen its attacking options. The Saudi side has also considered other high-profile forwards as it reshapes its squad.
Despite the speculation, Osimhen has continued to focus on football with Galatasaray. He scored twice in the club's opening league fixture of the season, a 2-2 draw against Çorum FK, underlining his importance to the Turkish champions.
For now, Galatasaray appear determined to keep the Nigerian striker despite the enormous financial incentive on offer. Unless the Turkish champions change their position, interested clubs may have to wait or substantially increase their efforts to prise Osimhen away from Istanbul before the transfer window closes.
No comments